Tag of Joy
Based in Vilnius, Lithuania
Steam (PC, Mac)
Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit is a charming European mystery adventure. Inspired by point-and-click classics such as Broken Sword, Still Life, Syberia and others, the developers decided to bring the less explored history of Europe to the world of adventurers. Experience the legendary stories of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, beware of the villainous branch of the KGB, solve puzzles and follow hints to reveal the long forgotten secrets.
The game is developed with the support of the Creative Europe Programme – MEDIA of the European Union and the Lithuanian Council for Culture.
Legends of the past come back to life in a charming European mystery adventure.
Crowns and Pawns tells the story of Milda, a girl from Chicago, who unexpectedly receives the last will of her deceased grandfather – it appears that she is an heir and the last guardian of a mysterious family secret. Following a handful of obscure hints, Milda is thrown into an adventurous, puzzle packed search for the truth.
Pack your bags and journey through modern day Europe to uncover the secrets of the king who was never crowned.
- Directed by the lead artist of a highly acclaimed fan adventure Broken Sword 2.5.
- A blend of history and myths set in a modern world.
- A refreshing look at the classic point-and-click adventure genre.
- Hand painted HD art with a touch of modern graphics features.
- A world that reacts to your decisions.
- Customizable character looks.
- Featuring real life locations all around Europe.
- Full voice-over.
- A control scheme designed for both a mouse and a gamepad in mind.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- “Official Selection” – AdventureX 2019
- “Official Selection” – Adventure-Treff Party 2019
- “Selected Project” – Creative Europe MEDIA
- “With beautiful graphics and a fascinating story, Crowns and Pawns is looking like it will be an excellent point and click adventure.”
- Charles Cecil (creator of the Broken Sword series),
- “The “George and Nico” vibes are strong in this tale of an American thrown into ancient European history.”
About Tag of Joy
Tag of Joy is an award winning, creativity-powered company focused on game development for all major desktop and mobile platforms. Tag of Joy also makes rich and compelling interactive experiences, augmented and virtual reality solutions and other gamified products.
Company founders have given numerous talks at biggest conferences around the world, including GDC (San Francisco), devcom (Cologne), Quo Vadis (Berlin), XR Connects (Helsinki), PlayX4 (Seoul).
Tag of Joy founders are active people involved in a local game development community. They organized Game Jam 2012, 2013 and 2014 in Vilnius and also teach Game Development courses at the largest university in Lithuania.
More information on Tag of Joy, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Crowns and Pawns Credits
Director and Producer
Story Writer and Puzzle Designer
Communications, PR and Additional Writing
Background and Concept Artist
Daniel Noah Pharos
Composer and Sound Artist
Story Outline Author and Consultant